about the
red rose

 

the history

Located along the banks of the Beaverkill River, the motel and tavern was built in 1938 by New York City prizefighter Constantine J. Lambrigger and his wife, Julia. Originally called The American Switzerland, Joe and Vera Pelc changed the name to The Red Rose when they purchased the building in 1952, creating a local landmark that has welcomed fly-fishers, hunters, thirsty neighbors, and city escapees ever since.

Pictured are original photos of Constantine and Julia Lambrigger in front of The Red Rose as it was in 1938. Family photos courtesy of our neighbor and friend, Kay Lambrigger.